CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Good & The Bad

This week the girls and I had a chance to spend a whole week at home together without out dad and big brother. I has been a really nice week. I has also been a very different week. It got me thinking that I should write a list of all the good things about this week and all of the bad things about this week.

The Good
~The house has been very quite this week.
~I have has a lot less laundry to do. I can't believe how much laundry two additional people add to the basket.
~Making and cleaning up meals has been a breeze!
~The grocery bill was very small this week. Again, I can't believe how much more food two additional people can go through.
~There has been a lot less sibling bickering.
~The house has been really easy to keep clean.
~I got a bunch of old projects finished.
~I have had a whole week to spend "girl time" with my girls. That has almost never happened since they were born, and it was the best part of the week!

The Bad
~The quiet house seems a little bit lonely without the boys here.
~I have never spent a whole week away from my first born before. I really miss him.
~I (and I think the girls too) miss both of them a lot and will be glad when they come back home.

It has been a really nice week. I think it would be great to do this more often. This week really gave me a chance to spend quality time with my girls. It also gave the girls a chance to have my undivided attention. I devote so much time to my son's activities, it was a big relief this week to put all of that aside and just focus on the girls. And even though we had such a great week and we are not quite ready for it to end, we do miss the boys and we will be glad to see them come back home tomorrow.
Did I mention they will be bringing home a huge load of dirty laundry? Ugh...here we go again!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Very hot there, also here in CA. I have a question, the blog background site I use is shutting down tomorrow, "Thecutestblogontheblock" What do you use for your blog as I will need to find a background for my blogs and my friends. Thank you for your help.
Leave a comment at the top of my blog and see what is happening "www.george-cat.blogspot.com" Thankyou so much.