CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Monday Night...Already?

I have been trying to blog since Thursday, but with all of the stuff going on around here this weekend, I never got around to it.

Last Thursday was my birthday and blogoversary. The day started with a trip to one of my favorite stores (Kohl's) to do some birthday shopping. There were so many great clearance racks that it was almost overwhelming. I found a dress, a top, and two pairs of shorts. I was looking for a few new things to take on the cruise that we will be going on at the end of the month.

Before we headed home to pick the kids up from school, Chris took me to my favorite furniture store for another birthday present. I now have a new kitchen table... and a project to finish. The table came from a store that sells solid-wood unfinished furniture. I have been working on the table all weekend, it is almost finished.

After the kids came home, we went out for dinner. We decided to go someplace that we had not been. We went to a restaurant in Kissimmee called J.R.'s Brew house. It was a bit of a drive to get there, but it was worth it. The food was good, they had a huge selection, and the atmosphere was comfortable and family friendly. Yes, it is called "brew house," but that is because they brew their own beers and root beer. We had the root beer and it was really good.




The kids and I posed for a picture outside the restaurant. One of my goals for the day was to get a picture of myself with my kids.

When we got home we had cake and ice cream. All-in-all, a pretty good day!



Friday was a school day for the kids. This was the end of their second week of school. By the time we walked home on Friday, we were ready to unwind and have some fun.

After dinner the kids went out to play with the neighborhood kids. The next thing I know there is a knock at my back door. It was my neighbor asking if it was OK for the girls to take a ride on one of their four-wheelers? This I had to see.




When I got outside Caitlyn was already taking her first ride down the sidewalk. My neighbor kindly let me know that the control was set on the four-wheeler so that it could not be driven very fast. Thank goodness! The driver is only NINE! Caitlyn had a great time, and I'm sure would love to go again.

Next it was Caley's turn. I love that she was riding the four-wheeler in a sundress and flip~flops. She is such a Florida girl.


Saturday we hung around the house until it was time to go to CJ's first baseball practice. It is going to be a very interesting fall Little League season. CJ is one of the most experienced players on the team. To make things even more interesting, it looks like he is going to get his dream come true. He is going to get to pitch this season. He has wanted to pitch since last fall. He has practiced all spring and summer, and now he will get his chance. I am not sure I will be able to watch. I will not have any fingernails left, that is for sure!!!


On Sunday we hung around the house again. I had a table to sand, stain, and finish, after all. It was a really hot day, so the girls were looking for a way to cool off. After much begging, I finally gave in and told them they could get some buckets and bins out in the backyard and play in the hose. After a few minutes, I looked outside and saw this...




At least they were having fun! They played out there together for about two hours. The hose really did the trick


Now it is time to start another busy week. It was nice to have the kids home for a long weekend. I am so glad that we took the whole weekend to just hang out at home and get a few projects done. I will miss them while they are at school this week, but it will be nice to have a quiet house tomorrow too.

1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

Kissimmee makes me remember Gatorland!

I'm so impressed with your ability to get that table finished on your own. Happy Birthday to you and happy blogoversary as well!