CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My 100th Post!!!



Today I am celebrating my 100th post to this blog. When I started blogging last fall I really had no idea where it would go, or if I would keep up with it. I had seen other people's blogs and always wanted to give it a try. Well here I am, and I still have tons to learn.


I had no idea how enormous the blogoshere was. I am impressed with how many fun, interesting, emotional, informative, and personal blogs I have happened upon it the last few months. I love reading all of the things that other people write about. It is very cool to be able to share small pieces of other people's lives.
I am still not exactly sure what direction I want my blog to go in. "A Day In Our Life" is, and I guess always will be, a work in progress. For now, I am just going to continue to write about the things that happen to us, the events of our lives, and the things that interest me. Maybe, somewhere along the way I will find that 'pot of gold' that I have been searching for.


I honor of my 100 day, I wanted to share a very cute conversation that I had with my kids on our walk home from school today.


Everyone was in an especially good mood. We were talking about what they did all day, and all three of them had something great to share. Out of the blue, Caitlyn, my most happy-go-lucky, child said "I had 4 great things today." It was so cute and she said it with such conviction that I decided to ask all three of them to list the great things that happened to them today.
Here are their lists;
CJ
#1 - I got a 5.5 out of 6 on my writing prompt
#2 - They gave us carrots for our fresh fruit/vegetable today. (CJ ate his carrots and two other boys)
#3 - I have baseball practice tonight


Caley
#1 - I ate peaches for lunch
#2 - I ate raisins for lunch
#3 - They gave us baby carrots for our fresh fruit/vegetable today
#4 - We are going on a field trip next month


Caitlyn
#1 - I ate peaches for lunch
#2 - I ate raisins for lunch
#3 - We had baby carrots for our fresh fruit/vegetable today
#4 - We got our February homework packet


It was nice to hear them look at their day at school in a positive way!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy 100th!! See you tomorrow!!