CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday - Catching Up

In the blog world I am somewhat of a new comer. I am spending a lot of time these days searching the blogosphere. I have been reading other blogs to get some clues as to what other people blog about. One blog that I have been spending a lot of time looking at is, 5 Minutes for Mom (see their button on the left column of my blog). Tackle It Tuesday's is a regular feature on 5 Minutes for Mom. I think it is a great idea. I have so many projects that I want to work on. Maybe, Tackle It Tuesday's will give me a little push in the right direction. This way I can work some of my projects and blog about them at the same time.

My Tackle It Tuesday contribution for this week is all about getting caught up, packed up, straightened up and back in the swings of things to start 2009. Here is a list of some of the things that I have done in the last few days.

1. Took down both Christmas trees. Packed up all of the ornaments and lights.

2. Took down all of the "other" Christmas decorations (lights on the house, stockings, advent calendar, place mats, towels, candles, etc.)

3. Found homes for most of the gifts that the kids received. I still have a few things sitting in the family room. I am planning to get those things put away tonight.

4. Got out all of the school supplies. Yep, it was time to dust off those backpacks and lunch boxes and make sure they were ready to go back to school yesterday.

5. Shop for breakfast and lunch foods for the first week of school.

6. Got ready for the first Cub Scout Den meeting of 2009. This also involved my taking a trip to the Scout Shop to pick up some patches, drop off some paperwork, and get answers to a few questions for other people. And they say that scouting only takes 1 hour per week. Oh sure it does!!!

7. Visit the doctor for that check-up that all women love. Of course this one doesn't just stop at one appointment. After seeing my doctor today, I now have two more appointments and a business card for another doctor that she wants me to see. With every year, they add another "maintenance" item for you to look into. Oh joy!

So, that's it. These are the things that I have been tackling for the last few day. Next week I plan to tackle something much more exciting. But, I guess all of these things needed to be done first. After all, we don't want to be "those" people with the Christmas decorations hanging from their house in April. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same this week too. I should have kept it up until this coming Sunday but you know how it is. You just want to get things in order.

Kelly said...

Great job!! I wish I were that motivated!! We need to get together again soon. We had a good time!!