My Tackle It Tuesday contribution for this week is all about getting caught up, packed up, straightened up and back in the swings of things to start 2009. Here is a list of some of the things that I have done in the last few days.
1. Took down both Christmas trees. Packed up all of the ornaments and lights.
2. Took down all of the "other" Christmas decorations (lights on the house, stockings, advent calendar, place mats, towels, candles, etc.)
3. Found homes for most of the gifts that the kids received. I still have a few things sitting in the family room. I am planning to get those things put away tonight.
4. Got out all of the school supplies. Yep, it was time to dust off those backpacks and lunch boxes and make sure they were ready to go back to school yesterday.
5. Shop for breakfast and lunch foods for the first week of school.
6. Got ready for the first Cub Scout Den meeting of 2009. This also involved my taking a trip to the Scout Shop to pick up some patches, drop off some paperwork, and get answers to a few questions for other people. And they say that scouting only takes 1 hour per week. Oh sure it does!!!
7. Visit the doctor for that check-up that all women love. Of course this one doesn't just stop at one appointment. After seeing my doctor today, I now have two more appointments and a business card for another doctor that she wants me to see. With every year, they add another "maintenance" item for you to look into. Oh joy!
So, that's it. These are the things that I have been tackling for the last few day. Next week I plan to tackle something much more exciting. But, I guess all of these things needed to be done first. After all, we don't want to be "those" people with the Christmas decorations hanging from their house in April. ;-)