CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

10 Years Old

Ten years ago CJ came into our lives. Like all first time parents we were excited and nervous. What would he look like? Would we know how to take care of a baby? Would the baby be a boy or girl?

The day that he decided to make his grand entrance was a surprise to us. It was about 1 week before my due date and I really wasn't feeling any contractions yet. But, as life always is with CJ, when he decided it was time, he did not mess around. From my first real contraction to holding him was about 6 hours. Not bad for a first labor and delivery.

We were so happy to finally welcome our son.

We quickly found out that he had a big appetite and did not require a lot of sleep. The first few months were rough. Once he started to eat solid food, and could fill his stomach up, to his hearts content, he became a much easier baby.


This is CJ and "best bud" Shelby in December of 1999. It was just before Christmas, and he had just started sitting up on his own.


Here he is in the fall of 2000. He was a super easy kid at this point in time. I could take him anywhere. He never pitched fits, and was always content just to go along for the ride. On this particular day we went to an apple orchard near Minneapolis, MN.



This is CJ in the spring of 2004. He was 4 1/2 and was playing t-ball for the first time. I did not know then that baseball would become his favorite sport. These days he is a big NY Yankees fan and loves to watch the MLB network.



This is CJ now. This was taken after his first season of little league baseball.

It has been so much fun to watch him grow up. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I am excited to see what the next 10 years will hold. I am also sad to see him growing up so fast. I hope he won't grow up too fast, and will always be my little boy. And I hope he will continue to need me just a little longer. I am not ready to let him go yet!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CJ!!!

I hope your day is all that you hoped for,

and you have a great day!

No comments: