CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

When will I see the results?


Almost everyday (Monday through Friday) I walk my kids to school. It is about 1.1 miles to the school. After I drop them off, I walk .4 of a mile to the West Orange Trail. I walk 1 mile down the trail, turn around and walk 1.4 miles back home. This is a total of 3.9 miles or 8230 steps.

Every afternoon, I walk back to the school to pick up the kids (another 1.1 miles), then we all walk back home together (another 1.1 miles).

All totaled by 3:30 in the afternoon I have walked 6.1 miles and usually more than 12,000 steps.

My question is; when will I see the results of this?

I know I am getting the benefit of a stronger heart, lungs, bones, and muscles. I am also getting the benefit of time to reflect, to think about what I need to do each day, to think about what I am going to blog about, and trouble shoot any challenges that we are having at home. I also get the benefit of seeing quite a few of my neighbors who also walk, run, bike, and roller blade on the trail each day. But, when will I see the flatter stomach, the thinner thighs, and the smaller number on the scale?

I keep telling myself to give it until Christmas. 4 solid months of walking should give me some kind of results. I hope!!!




No comments: