CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

16 Days til Christmas



Crazy Cold Remedy



This sounds crazy and you will want to laugh. I know it did. I received an email about this and normally I would not pass it on. But today, my husband Chris tied this and it really worked. He woke up this morning with chills, fever and just feeling lousy. After trying this crazy cold remedy, he went back to sleep and woke up a few hours later feeling 100% better. Who knew? So, here goes, if you or your kids happen to get one of those horrible 'holiday season' colds, give this a try.

To stop persistent night time coughing and other symptoms of the cold, rub Vicks VapoRub generously on the bottoms of your feet or your children's feet at bedtime. After applying the Vicks cover the feet with socks. Even heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many hours. It really seems to work and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and you will sleep soundly.

Like I said, I am usually skeptical of these things, but we tried it today and it really seemed to work. I am a big fan of anything that keeps me from loading my kids up with cough medicines, cold medicines and prescription drugs. I hate to give them any of that stuff if I don't absolutely have to. Give this remedy a try. Even if it offers a little relief it will be worth it!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Savannah coughed all night last night. I just might give this a try!!